MasterCard Foundation Online Postgraduate Scholarships will provide 3 year part-time online Master’s scholarships & 2-year part-time postgraduate Diploma scholarships to students living or working in Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
The University is recruiting exceptional young people committed to pursuing their studies digitally to apply for an Online Scholarship at the University of Edinburgh. Online studies are an excellent way to earn a qualification, while at the same time continuing to work flexibly and live at home. Online qualifications though the University of Edinburgh are fully equivalent to degrees taught on campus.
Applicants can apply for either:
- Online Masters (part-time over 3 years) OR
- Online Post-graduate Diploma (part-time over 2 years)
2023 MasterCard Online Postgraduate Scholarships Details:
Masters programmes are normally aimed at those who have completed an undergraduate degree and want to develop more specialised knowledge in the same subject or similar career area. The MCF scholarship will cover the full tuition fees, a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet, a laptop and the opportunity to attend an in-person summer school in Africa.
Postgraduate diplomas are aimed at those who are considering a potential change in career and tend to be more vocational. Candidates with either an undergraduate or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university are equally able to apply (provided they will graduate from either degree before December 2022).
You must meet the eligibility criteria to apply:
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed above. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher. Find out more about the postgraduate entry requirements for your country
- Applicants must have graduated from undergraduate study before December 2022 and must be in possession of a degree certificate and official, final transcript to upload alongside their application
- Applicants must be residents and citizens of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicants must be without the financial means to study oversees independently
- We particularly welcome applications from female scholars, scholars from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and scholars with disabilities (see FAQs below for further information)
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community
- If applying for the Masters programme: Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- If applying for the PG diploma: Applicants can either have an undergraduate or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university (provided they will graduate from either degree before December 2022). If you have a Master’s degree, our admissions team will review you first degree (undergraduate) to meet the post graduate diploma entry requirement. The MCF team will review your Master’s degree transcripts to confirm the graduation date and location of your University.
- Applicants must be 35 or under on the 1 September 2023
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship is designed to cover three-years of part-time online study.
The scholarship will cover the
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- full tuition fees,
- a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet,
- a laptop and
- the opportunity to attend an in-person summer school in Africa
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.