Study In USA: 2022 Kotzen Scholarships for International Students
The Kotzen Scholarships of the Simmons University in the USA is currently open for international students to pursue an undergraduate degree in the USA.
The Kotzen scholarships provide full tuition, room & board, plus an additional $3,000 for academic pursuits such as study abroad, research support, and more.
This scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study, and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
The Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program is a competitive merit award that recognizes the best and brightest students interested in a transformative education at Simmons University.
The Kotzen scholarships are the most prestigious award offered at Simmons and acknowledge excellence through a focus on study abroad, scholarly research, and intellectual curiosity.
To be considered for The Kotzen Scholarships, you must:
- Apply as a freshman for the fall semester
- submit standardized test scores with your admission application. For those choosing to submit test scores, a 28 or higher on the ACT is recommended and a 1300 or higher on the SAT (Optional)
- Have a GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- have a record of taking honors, International Baccalaureate (IB) and advanced placement courses.
- Your previous degree, that is, college, must have taught an advanced-level math course.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- This scholarship is awarded for the duration of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate study, and supersedes any previously awarded merit scholarship.
- The Kotzen Scholarship provides full tuition, room & board, plus an additional $3,000 for academic pursuits such as study abroad, research support, and more.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Short Answer (of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3,000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of no more than 500 words): Some people argue that leaders are born, not made, while others defend the opposite view, namely that leaders are “made.” Write an essay in which you defend one view or the other. Use a specific example of a leader, either from history or from your own personal experience, to support your argument.
How To Apply
The application consists of a short answer and a formal essay in response to the prompts below, as well as a resume including activities and involvements. Students should submit their essays and resume in PDF or Word Doc via email with the subject line “Kotzen Application,” by December 1. Each page of the document should include the student’s full name and date of birth.
The Application Deadline is 1st December 2022
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.