Study In USA: 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Scientists
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships is now open for interested and qualified candidates willing to study in the USA.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships is offered to Masters, Doctoral, and Postdoctoral Research Assistantships for international students to expand their knowledge and experience in research.
The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships cover the full tuition fees and as well provide an annual stipend of $25,334.
The research group of Dr. Sydne Record (relocating to UMaine in Fall 2022) seeks applicants for an M.S. position in Wildlife Ecology or Ecology and Environmental Sciences at the University of Maine in Orono in the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Conservation Biology. Our research group focuses on population and community ecology from a biogeographical perspective.
They are also seeking qualified applicants for a PhD position that will focus on the migration ecology of American woodcock. As a component of their dissertation research, the student will coordinate a large-scale collaborative research project that seeks to better understand woodcock migration throughout eastern North America.
A Postdoc position is also available to work in the labs of Alessio Mortelliti and Cyndy Loftin. The position is focused on developing adaptive protocols for monitoring mammals as they respond to climate and land-use change in the Northeast USA. The overarching goal of this project is to provide management agencies with statistically robust camera-trapping monitoring protocols that will allow them to monitor a suite of 15 mammalian species over the next decades across a large spatial scale (i.e. northern New England).
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- meet the requirements of the programme at the University of Maine
- have strong quantitative (GIS, occupancy modelling, mixed-effects modelling) and writing skills.
- have Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a Wildlife Ecology, Biology, Natural Resource, or related program are required.
- have a GPA >3.0, as well as strong oral and written communication skills and evidence of progress in publishing work from the M.S. degree.
- have relevant field experience
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The MS position is a fully-funded 12 months for up to three years and includes tuition and health insurance. There may also be an opportunity to extend the position to a PhD.
- For the PhD position, a $25,334 per year (anticipated 4 years to degree completion) plus tuition and ½ health insurance premium are offered
- The postdoctoral position at the University of Maine flagship institution in Orono, with an active and diverse department. Remote working (within the US) is an option. Salary: approximately $52,000 a year.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- Cover Letter
- Reference Letters