Study In USA: 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
The University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students has commenced applications for interested and qualified candidates willing to study in the USA.
The scholarship comes with an award covering full tuition, health insurance, and a $23,000 annual stipend for the selected candidates.
The University of Maine is one of the 380 best colleges nationwide, and for a second consecutive year, the only public university in Maine to be profiled by Princeton Review in its annual guide.
Scholarship Details of 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships:
The incumbent will participate in a study on the freshwater ecology of Northern Forest lowlands, including forested swamps and seeps. The project will inform understanding of the intermittent wetland habitats and processes associated with the management of northeastern lowland forests, focusing on northern white-cedar forests. This includes quantifying ecological impacts in these systems and developing standardized measurement protocols.
The specific objectives are: 1) to compare wetland processes across harvesting treatments in northern white-cedar forests, with a particular focus on decomposition, and insect biomass, assemblages, and biodiversity within the wetted environment; 2) to develop standard quantification methods for aquatic leaf litter processing, wood decomposition and insect biodiversity in seasonally wetted lowlands that can be applied throughout the Northern Forest; and 3) to communicate about tradeoffs in wetland ecosystem condition and biodiversity associated with harvest regimes to forestry practitioners to aid lowland forest management planning.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
Scholarship Requirements for 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships:
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Have a B.S. in biology, ecology, statistics, or other relevant discipline, quantitative skills, interest in aquatic ecology, and excellent work ethics.
- Having experience with, and enthusiasm for, macroinvertebrates, R, and other aquatic field and laboratory techniques would be desirable, a willingness to learn and attention to detail are necessities.
- Have Good communication skills are essential as this project will be collaborative with multiple partners including an exciting team of researchers and resource practitioners.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Salary: $23,000 per year (2 years) will be paid through Research Assistantship. Tuition and half of health insurance will be covered by the project. There may also be an opportunity for one or two semesters of Teaching Assistantship support.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Cover Letter
- transcript (unofficial okay)
- Reference letters
How To Apply
We especially encourage applicants from underrepresented or historically excluded groups to apply.
To apply, please click on the apply button below to commence your application.
The Application Deadline is 1st June 2022
Start your Application
Below, you will find the application button, deadline information and other details. Good luck. But before you apply;share, rate and Join us for More.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.