The Behavioral Insights for Global Fisheries Research Group at East Carolina University and the Coastal Studies Institute is seeking to recruit Ph.D. students into its Integrated Coastal Sciences PhD program to start in Fall 2023.
The East Carolina University Scholarship covers a tuition waiver, a 12-month stipend ($25,000), and health insurance for selected applicants.
In addition, the candidates budget for conference travel, equipment, and research shall be provided for by the research group.
The Behavioral Insights for Global Fisheries Research Group at East Carolina University and the Coastal Studies Institute is seeking to recruit 1 or 2 Ph.D. students into its Integrated Coastal Sciences PhD program to start in Fall 2023.
The candidate(s) will co-design an interdisciplinary project with Dr. Wade that intentionally integrates social and ecological components. We are looking for students interested in developing projects under the following two research themes:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- The role of cognitive biases and heuristics on decision-making and behaviors in coastal and marine resource management
- Mental models, social networks, and social dilemmas in small-scale fisheries
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Hold a Master’s degree in anthropology, geography, natural resources management or related fields. Excellent organization, writing, and communication skills.
- Possess experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- This scholarship covers a tuition waiver, a 12-month stipend ($25,000), and health insurance.
- Funding is guaranteed for the first two years. Funding for the subsequent years is subject to satisfactory progress and available funds.
- In addition, the candidate(s) will have a modest budget for conference travel, equipment, and research.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letter of Interest
- Research Proposal
- Names and e-mails of 2-3 referees
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a letter of interest outlining previous research experiences. motivation for pursuit of a PhD, research interests, a CV, and names of 2-3 references to Dr. Eric Wade ([email protected]).
This research statement should identify the research theme of interest and potential project ideas, including possible research questions/hypotheses, methods, and intended products.
The application deadline is January 15, 2023, but applicants are encouraged to contact Dr. Wade earlier expressing interest in the position.
The Application Deadline is 15th January 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.