Study In USA: 2023 Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Western Oregon University Graduate Assistantship Program is a form of student employment, earning a compensation package including both salary and tuition remission for the performance of research or teaching services to the University as part of a student’s academic and professional training and development.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Students must be admitted into a full-time program to be eligible.
- .49 FTE
- Commitment for full academic program
- Annual renewal required
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- The student must be fully admitted to a master’s degree program at Western Oregon University.
- The graduate assistant duties must relate to the student’s graduate program and/or career expectations. Assistantship must begin no later than the start of week one of the term. _
- The student must have an approved program for a WOU master’s degree on file in the Graduate Programs office no later than the first week of the term in which the student holds the assistantship.
Notes: Good academic standing includes: minimum 3.0 overall GPA, no grades of D or F, no more than 8 credits of C; no more than 4 credits of incomplete.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Each GA will receive $1176 per month for 9 months. (unless 4-term employee)
- Graduate students appointed by the University are paid at established institutional salary rates and are exempt from the payment of the instruction fee (tuition), on the first twelve (12) graduate credit hours per term.
- Graduate assistants are assessed and are individually responsible for payment of the building fee, incidental fee, health fee, one-time matriculation fee, online fee and any other fees approved for the University according to the graduate student fee schedule. See WOU tuition and fees schedule
- When an assistant is authorized to register for more than twelve (12) graduate credit hours per term, the institution shall charge the assistant the resident rate for additional instruction fee for the excess of the twelve-credit hour limit