Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) Women in STEM Traineeship 2024
SEforALL in collaboration with EM-One Energy Solutions is recruiting 12 recent women graduates for a traineeship programme in Sierra Leone. The traineeship will provide hands-on technical training with a focus on solar energy under the FCDO-funded health electrification project.
The primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation.
- PV Systems, Standalone and Off-Grid systems.
- Integrated Systems.
- Battery Sizing.
- Inverter and Charge Controller sizing.
- Conducting current and voltage measurements and performance characteristics.
- Solar panel installations.
- Using simulation software to design PV system dimensions.
- Assessing site economic viability using measured radiation data.
- Installing, integrating and commissioning solar systems.
- Remote monitoring and system maintenance.
Trainees will also be expected to participate in daily activities under the supervision of their focal point, scheduled site visits, workshops, and supplementary training programs arranged by SEforALL.
- Applicants must be 18-35 years of age.
- Only women applicants will be considered.
- Recent graduates with bachelor’s or master’s degrees (obtained within the past 2 years) in a STEM field (e.g., sciences, renewable energy, engineering, or related areas). Note that applicants who have not fully completed their degree program will not be considered.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in energy, engineering or similar field.
- Should demonstrate completion of technical education or courses related to the topics covered in the program as highlighted above.
- Should be highly professional and punctual.
- Should be willing and able to learn and apply new skills.
- Should have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be available for the entire duration of the training programme.
- Must be a national or have legal residence and right to work in Sierra Leone
Duration and Benefits
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- The traineeship will provide hands-on technical training with a focus on solar energy under the FCDO-funded health electrification project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 11th January, 2024
Start your Application
Below, you will find the application button, deadline information and other details. Good luck. But before you apply;share, rate and Join us for More.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.