The March 8th Initiative is organized by the “Friends of Prof” to inspire and promote communal, entrepreneurial, and public-spirited endeavors within Nigeria in honour of the birthday of His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
Over the last two editions, the March 8th Initiative has provided opportunities for young people to expand and advance their businesses.
Last year, the Initiative also recognised and rewarded exceptional health workers who, in an extremely difficult time, exhibited compassion, diligence, hard work and professionalism in carrying out their duties. In addition, the Initiative also provided free eye treatment and surgeries to thousands of people across the country.
For this year’s programme, the Initiative is engaging Nigerians on two unique fronts: Entrepreneurship and Education which are areas that are of great interest to His Excellency, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
The March 8th Initiative announces a community-focused Business Plan Competition targeting young entrepreneurs and researchers who can exhibit comparative advantage in their respective LGAs. With a thriving youth population in Nigeria, there is a need to identify the rich and diverse prospects available in each of the 774 LGAs as potential growth and entrepreneurship opportunities.
The Competition is designed to identify the comparative advantage inherent in the 774 LGAs in Nigeria, identify entrepreneurs that recognise the opportunities with a plan to harness them, and encourage the development of innovative, community-driven ideas with potential for expansion, and increase community-based enterprises. The competition opens on Tuesday, March 8, 2022, and closes at 11:59 pm on Wednesday, March 30, 2022.
Young Nigerians between 18 and 35 years are eligible to participate. Two individuals from each Local Government Area across Nigeria will each win the sum of N100, 000 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) for their innovative ideas on how to harness the unique resources and skills of the people of their LGAs.
Eligibility and Submission
- All Nigerians between the ages of 18 – 35 years are welcome to apply. Women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The proposal must be detailed, well-researched, and based on the unique resources and skills available in the Local Government Area in question.
- The Proposal must be uploaded on the application portal alongside the other information required.
- The Proposal MUST be in MS Word format, and not exceed 1,000 words.
- Supporting documents to help authenticate the feasibility of the idea can be uploaded alongside the Proposal.
- Multiple submissions will lead to instant disqualification.
- Only residents or indigenes of a particular Local Government Area are allowed to submit Proposals for that Local Government Area.
- Clearly indicate your name, state of origin, L.G.A., phone number, and email in your proposal
- Click the submit button below and select your state of origin to upload your proposal
How To Apply
Interested applicants can submit their proposals using the link below.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
The Application deadline is 30th March 2022