For over four decades, Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) has been committed to transforming the way people see the world through film. Central to this commitment is their pledge to preserve and promote Canada’s moving-image culture through educational initiatives and learning opportunities.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
TIFF is currently accepting applications for the 2022 Jeffrey and Sandra Lyons Canadian Film Scholarship, supporting the development of scholarship or research-creation that activates the archive.
Requirements and Qualifications for TIFF Jeffrey & Sandra Lyons Canadian Film Scholarship
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be considered for the Scholarship:
- Enrolment in a full-time master’s, PhD, or post-doctoral programme at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- A proposal for research or a creative project that activates the archive and deepens knowledge about Canadian film and media. It must be clearly demonstrated through the application that the applicant’s project would benefit from access to the FRL collections.
- Legal eligibility to work in Canada as part of studies.
Aim and Benefits of TIFF Jeffrey & Sandra Lyons Canadian Film Scholarship
- Increase access to the reference and archival collections of the Film Reference Library (FRL);
- Support research and research-creation that deepens knowledge about Canadian film and media;
- Strengthen the relationship between cultural and academic institutions in pursuit of knowledge mobilization.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- The successful applicant will be provided with a stipend of $1,000 CAD, a designated office space, and access to the FRL’s collections in support of their research.
The following criteria will be used to determine the successful candidate:
- The relevance of the project as it relates to the current field of cinema and media studies, cultural studies, archival studies, or other areas of specialization.
- The originality and sophistication of the methodological approach.
- The feasibility of the research objectives.
- The applicant’s need for access to the FRL’s collection.
Documents Required for Application
- A statement of interest of no more than 500 words describing your project and how you believe the FRL holdings and resources will benefit you.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly to TIFF from two references. Appropriate references include past or current employers, or faculty members who can speak to your scholarly work. References must state how long they have known the applicant and in what capacity.
- A timeline of the research project and a list of the topics you are researching.
- Optional: A writing sample or portfolio work that demonstrates an ability to communicate research. Please provide a Vimeo or Google Drive link to any moving-image clips (no more than 10 minutes long in total).
How to Apply
- Submit all application components as a single PDF or Word document (they do not accept Cloud hosting or file-sharing programs) by November 18, 2022. All applications must be submitted online here
- Submit your letters of recommendation as a PDF or Word document (they do not accept Cloud hosting or file-sharing programs) by November 18, 2022 to the attention of “Scholarship Committee: 2022 Jeffrey and Sandra Lyons Canadian Film Scholarship” Email: [email protected], and indicate the name of the applicant in the subject line.
For more details, visit TIFF website
Kindly share this opportunity with Post Graduates and others. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.