TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme for Developing Countries
Open to: Developing countries, Graduates, Post Graduates, Researchers, Scientists
Login / Register
Applications are invited from young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in chemical and biological sciences to apply for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The fellowship is a partnership offer from TWAS and the International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) aimed at furthering chemical and biological research.
Details of TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) – comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research – for studies leading to a PhD degree in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
Applicants must be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option) in order to apply for the fellowship. The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided with ICCBS.
Eligibility Criteria for TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship
To be considered for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university.
- provide an official Preliminary Acceptance Letter from ICCBS (see sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with a copy of their CV and a research proposal outline, and two reference letters;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for the TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship are to complete an online application. Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
The Application Deadline is 4th July 2022
Interested applicants can visit the official webpage for more information.