Open to: Developing countries, Graduates, Post Graduates, Scientists, Undergraduates
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Are you a scientist from a developing country with outstanding scientific achievements? Then apply for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Award for developing countries to aid international recognition and visibility to individual scientists for their accomplishments.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The TWAS-Lenovo Science Award is one of the most prestigious honours given to scientists from the developing world with a monetary award of USD 100,000 provided by Lenovo, as well as a medal and a certificate highlighting the recipient’s major contributions to science.
Details of TWAS-Lenovo Science Award
The rapid growth Lenovo has experienced in emerging markets has prompted the company to partner with TWAS to launch a high-level prize to give international recognition to individual scientists from the developing world for their scientific achievements. The 2022 award will be given to an individual in recognition of his/her pioneering achievements in social and economic sciences that have a direct impact on crosscutting SDGs and intersectionality, including but not limited to:
- Poverty and hunger reduction (including food and nutrition security).
- Inequalities (including gender inequities and gender violence).
- Quality education (including inclusive education and teacher education).
- Health (including mental health, well-being and pandemics)
- Climate change (including adaptation/resilience and climate financing)
- Clean energy and safe drinking water.
To be eligible for the TWAS-Lenovo Science Award 2022, interested applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of a developing country, living and working in the Global South for at least the last 10 years.
- Individuals must have achieved outstanding feats in scientific research in social and economic sciences of outstanding international merit carried out at institutions in developing countries.
How To Apply
Candidates can only be nominated by eligible TWAS members, selected individuals, as well as from science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions. Nominations of women scientists are particularly encouraged.
The TWAS-Lenovo Science Award 2022 nominations can only be submitted electronically through the online platform.
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details
- Nominee contact details (self-nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where he/she has been working and living in the past 10 years
- Brief suggested citation (no more than 20 words) highlighting the nominee’s outstanding scientific achievement in Social and Economic Sciences.
- Supporting statement of about 200 words summarizing the scientific achievements of the nominee
- 5-6 page narrative write-up of the candidate highlighting his/her major scientific achievements
- Information on PhD (degree, year, awarding institution)
- Information of any time spent abroad in the past ten years
- The nominee’s brief CV and her/his complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- A list of no more than 20 of his/her most significant publications.
- Information on previous awards, honours, and recognitions received by the nominee
- Google Scholar h-index and number of citations
- Authorization from the nominee to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform.
The Application Deadline is 18th May 2022
Interested applicants can visit the official webpage for more information.