United Nation University (UNU-WIDER) Visiting PhD Fellowship Program 2023
The Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme gives registered doctoral students the opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research on developing economies, and to work with researchers in areas of mutual interest.
Visiting PhD fellows typically spend three consecutive months at UNU-WIDER before returning to their home institution. During their time in Helsinki, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. They may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
- Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
- Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged.
- The programme is especially addressed at researchers at later stages of their PhD.
The Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme is highly competitive and only a limited number of fellows can be accepted. In recent years, one percent of all applications have been successful.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Benefits of UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship Program
- UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of your PhD granting institution or country of residence, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER), and a monthly stipend of EUR 2,000 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their fellowship.
- The programme does not provide services or cover expenses related to dependents. Note that the monthly stipend mentioned only applies to the period of stays in Helsinki, not online.
How to Apply
Go to United Nations University (UNU) on www2.wider.unu.edu to apply
As part of your application, you will be asked to upload your curriculum vitae. Your PhD supervisor will need to provide UNU-WIDER with a letter of reference, which should be emailed (by your supervisor) to the following address: [email protected]. The reference letter will also be used to certify that you are enrolled in a PhD programme at your university.
For more details, visit UNU-WIDER website
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.
Kindly share this opportunity with Post Graduates and others. Thank you.