University of Pretoria: 2022/2023 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
Do you have what it takes to transform Africa? African Students can apply to be Mastercard Foundation Scholars at the University of Pretoria (UP). Applications are currently invited from interested applicants for the 2022 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a 10-year, $500 million global initiative to educate and develop next-generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation. The University of Pretoria (UP) is partnering with Mastercard Foundation (MCF) to offer scholarships to deserving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels.
Details of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UP 2022/2023
Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the following programmes at the University of Pretoria:
Postgraduate Study Programmes
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
Honours and Master’s degree applications will be accepted in the fields of Engineering (continuing students only).
- Candidates should be citizens of Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project e. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
How To Apply
Applications to study at UP open on 1st March and close on the 30th August of the year proceeding the year of study. Students who are interested in studies at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program must follow the application process.
Apply online here. Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form. For more information, dial +27 (0)12 420 4297/6621 or send an email to: [email protected] for undergraduates and postgraduates enquiries.
After your application has been submitted, it will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty. The faculty will inform you whether you have been admitted.
Once you have been admitted, please contact [email protected] to commence the process to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program immediately.
Successful Mastercard Foundation Scholars should have a passport to enable them to apply for a visa promptly.
The Application Deadline is 30th August 2022
Interested Applicants can visit the official webpage for more information