Ashinaga Africa Initiative Undergraduate Scholarships offers scholarships to students from select African countries to study for undergraduate degrees at the world’s leading universities in countries such as Japan, US, UK etc
Ashinaga presents the “Ashinaga Africa Initiative” aiming to provide higher education to 20 brilliant students from Sub-Saharan African countries each year, some of which are among the poorest in the world, and encourage them to become leading professionals in their own countries.
We search and screen for potential candidates: orphaned or bereaved students with academic potential but who cannot afford to apply to university.
We provide them with a concentrated study camp for six months at Ashinaga’s facility, Kokorojuku, in Uganda and Senegal, where they are given dedicated support and assistance with their study of various subjects and languages, as they prepare to apply to highly ranked universities around the world. We also provide them with a full scholarship and living expenses for four years during their studies abroad.
We expect to see these young, educated people go back to their own countries and establish democratic and fulfilled societies, bringing people a higher national income and high-quality education. This movement will eventually contribute to the overall well-being of Sub-Saharan countries by helping to break the cycle of poverty, even though the effects will not be immediate, as they are when food or equipment is donated.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed?secondary school?and?received the results of their?national?secondary?school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 1st August 2021, including all of 2022?and 2023) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results?before February 9th, 2024.
- Be born after 1st September 2001.
- Not have the means to attend university?abroad?without external financial support.
- Be proficient in English,?French?or Portuguese.
- Be regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.
- Be able to?participate in the two?Ashinaga?preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
- Be committed to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
Duration and Benefits
The Ashinaga (100-Year Vision) Scholarship provides a full scholarship that covers the cost of tuition, accommodation (during the terms and vacation), insurance, flight, and provides monthly stipend which covers food and necessary academic costs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 12th January, 2024
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.