2022 Basu Innovation Scholar Grant for Early-career Scientists (up to $2,000)
Open to: Graduates, Innovators, Researchers, Scientists
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
The Basu Innovation Scholar Grant, provided through the generosity of Sunanda Basu, will provide travel support to an early-career scientist/recent Ph.D. graduate making an impact in the area of space physics and aeronomy, through innovative approaches to observation and interpretation, to attend AGU Fall Meeting and will complement the William B. Hanson Lecture.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Beginning in 2021, this grant will be awarded annually as part of AGU Fall Meeting. By participating in Fall Meeting, the Hanson Lecture presentation and the SPA reception, this recipient will have the opportunity to network with the Hanson Lecturer, established scientists and others in the AGU Community outside of their existing network.
- The recipient will receive financial support up to $2,000 to virtually participate in Fall Meeting (reimbursable expenses include purchasing or renting technology, transportation or housing needed to access technology, dependent care costs, unpaid leave/lost wages, meeting registration, etc.).
- Be an early-career scientist /recent Ph.D. graduate;
- Be supporting work producing innovation in space science measurements and interpretation and may not already have access to an expansive network of colleagues in your field.
How To Apply
- Upload a current CV
- Include a personal statement (description of how the Basu Innovation Scholar designation will help advance your career in the space sciences and network, and why you would like to participate in Fall Meeting (not to exceed 1 page)
- Include one letter of support from a mentor or advisor which describe the applicant’s work and how it is making an impact through innovative approaches to observation and interpretation (should not exceed 1 page)
The Application Deadline is 10th August 2022
For more information, visit Basu Innovation Scholar Grant.