2024 HumAngle Accountability Fellowship Programme
HumAngle Accountability Fellowship is a six-month programme where successful fellows are selected on the strength of their self-designed projects or proposals. The fellowship provides resources, training, and mentorship to develop the project to the implementation stage.
The HumAngle Accountability Fellowship is a merit-based professional programme that prepares young people at the start of their careers to develop self-designed projects around accountability in the security and humanitarian sectors, climate security, education, sexual and gender-based violence, and transitional justice.
The HumAngle Accountability Fellowship is a self-designed projects or research proposals by the applicants must fall within the following thematic areas within Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states:
- Accountability in the security and humanitarian sectors
- Climate security
- Sexual and gender-based violence
- Transitional justice
As a fellow, you can conduct investigations and write stories, carry out advocacy projects at the grassroots, or conduct research of your choice within HumAngle’s niche. You can also do all of these activities if you can within the timeframe of the fellowship.
To be considered for the HumAngle Accountability Fellowship:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- Applicants must be indigenes of Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe and will be required to carry out their assignments in the senatorial districts of their projects.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 30.
- Applicants must possess at least a Diploma degree.
- Applicants must demonstrate passion in the thematic areas and show a track record of work.
- Applicants should be residents in their place of assignment; otherwise, they should be willing to relocate at their own expense.
- Applicants must be familiar with the region if they do not reside there.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this fellowship.
Duration and Benefits
- Fellows will receive monthly training and mentorship from industry leaders while they begin to test the viability of their respective projects in the field.
- Fellows will be provided with a monthly stipend to support their fieldwork and cover the cost of transportation and data/communication.
- Fellows become freelancers for HumAngle after the duration of the fellowship, if they wish, and will be paid in that capacity each time their work is published.
- Fellows will be awarded certificates at the end of the fellowship.
- Fellows will be provided with wider professional networks to pursue their goals.
- Fellows will have monthly conversations with exceptional individuals who have excelled in their careers.
- Fellows will get referrals from HumAngle for a wide range of opportunities, and outstanding fellows will be invited as facilitators for subsequent cohorts.
- Fellows who contribute articles and reports and do so diligently and professionally may be considered for a full-time or part-time role in HumAngle newsroom.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 31st December, 2023
Start your Application
Below, you will find the application button, deadline information and other details. Good luck. But before you apply;share, rate and Join us for More.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.