Africa No Filter grants for African Storytellers ($5000 grant)
Are you an African podcaster, blogger, TikToker, or vlogger passionate about telling stories of climate change in Africa beyond news that focuses on disasters and climate crisis?
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
Africa No Filter, in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, is looking for storytellers in Africa and the Diaspora to create exciting content that shows a continent that’s taking action against climate change.
The content should be original, and across a diverse range of topics. Either of the formats below would suffice:
- Conversations with climate activists.
- Communities turning the tide against climate change.
- Profiles of entrepreneurs and innovators in the climate space.
- Original content not depicting Africa as a broken and dependent content or showing Africans as lacking agency.
All content shall be delivered in English, Arabic or French.
- Open to African content creators based anywhere in Africa and the Diaspora.
- Content creators must be aged over 18 years, with a track record of producing climate content.
- Content creators must have more than two years’ experience producing podcasts, blogs, vlogs, and social media content about climate action in Africa.
- Content creators must have a combined audience of at least 5,000 followers on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Content creators must not be represented by an agent or apply representing an organization.
- Content creators can be individuals or a maximum of three hosts.
- Content creators must have demonstrable passion for telling African climate stories beyond the usual stereotypes of poverty, disease, conflict, poor leadership, and corruption.
Duration and Benefits: Content creators will receive grants worth up to $5000 to produce new content, as well as networking opportunities and support to amplify their content.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: June 29th, 2023