TETFund Alliance For Innovative Research Program is a year-long programme sponsored by TETFUND.
A unique opportunity for researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities to transform their ideas into market-driven solutions, Including the development and fabrication of prototypes.
Selected teams of researchers and academic staff, who have ideas for innovative solutions in one of our focus areas will be taken through a journey combining Technology product development and venture creation.
The Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) was initially established as an Education Trust Fund (ETF) by the Act No. 7 of 1993 as amended by Act No 40 of 1998 (now repealed and replaced with the Tertiary Education Trust Fund Act 2011).
It is an intervention agency set up to provide supplementary support to all levels of public tertiary institutions with the primary objective of using funding alongside project management to rehabilitate, restore, and consolidate Tertiary Education in Nigeria.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Agriculture and Food Technology
- Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
- Health & Accessibility
- Information Communication Technology
- Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
- Streamlining / Improving Production Process
To be considered for the fellowship, you must:
- You should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution). Your idea should be one of our areas of focus. Your vice chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing an endorsement form.
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product.
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depends on your area of focus).
- A member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Your innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development.
- Ideally, your invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements)
Duration and Benefits
The 12 month journey runs both in person and online and includes:
- Practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja – an ultramodern fabrication and innovation center designated for the development of prototypes with the support of professional experts.
- An all-expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase the innovations to relevant potential design partners/ strategic partners/ investors (local and foreign)
- The journey is designed and facilitated in collaboration with international experts from the acclaimed Zell entrepreneurship program. The technology development journey will include hands-on support from experts in collaboration with Makelab.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 5th November, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.