UNITAR Developing Essential Digitals Skills Program is established to Strengthening Food Security, and Supporting Climate-Resilient Economies.
Women and youth in 24 countries in Africa are invited to apply to the UNITAR programme Developing Essential Digital Skills for Women and Youth in Africa: Enhancing Employment Opportunities and Livelihood Development in the Digital Economy.
Over six months, participants will build high-demand digital skills to increase employment and income-generating potential to develop socially responsible digital start-ups and improve leadership and entrepreneurial skills to drive change and innovation in their communities.
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) provides innovative learning solutions to individuals, organizations and institutions to enhance global decision-making and support country-level action for shaping a better future.
UNITAR was created in 1963 to train and equip young diplomats from newly-independent UN Member States with the knowledge and skills needed to navigate through the diplomatic environment.
Over the years, UNITAR has acquired unique expertise and experience in designing and delivering a variety of training activities.
The programme will prioritize participants from 24 African counties, namely:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Botswana, Burundi, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
In particular, we are looking for women and youth who:
- Are keen to learn by doing, with a passion for development and information technologies.
- Are between 18 and 35 years old, however, women of all ages, including those over 35, are encouraged to apply, as their unique experiences and skills are valued.
- Have good oral and written English communication skills.
- Are computer literate and have access to a laptop/internet.
- Are interested in leveraging opportunities brought by digital technology.
- Are passionate to succeed and make a positive impact on their communities.
- Are committed to completing the Programme.
- Interested to keep their tech skills up to date or break into a tech career.
- Can provide a recommendation letter from an individual with verifiable credentials.
- Are (preferably) university graduates and are tech-savvy.
Duration and Benefits
The modules will cover:
- Digital infrastructure & connectivity
- Digital innovation and transformation
- Frontier technologies including AI, big data, robotics, blockchain, IoT, and VR
- Software development
- Cybersecurity & Data protection
- Digital media
- Project management
- Digital Inclusion and the digital Gender divide
- Digital entrepreneurship
- Training of trainers
- Training for coaches
- Leadership and locally-led ecosystem building
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments.
The programme is offered free, thanks to the generous support of the Government and People of Japan.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: September 4th, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.