Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program offers fellowships to highly qualified researchers in fields of research related to African Studies.
The program is intended to support 1) fellows from KU who want to do research in Africa, and 2) for scholars from Kyoto University’s partner institutes in Africa who want to do research in Kyoto.
The fellowships are for a minimum period of three months up to maximum of one year between April 1, 2024 and March 31, 2025.
The Canon Foundation in Europe is a philanthropic, grant-making institution, active in the promotion of international culture and scientific relations between Europe and Japan. It was established on December 22nd, 1987 under Dutch law by Canon Europa N.V., Canon’s European Headquarters and it is registered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The Foundation is legally and financially an independent organisation but enjoys a close co-operation with Canon Europa N.V. which provided the initial funds.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- Applicants need to be holding at least an MA degree and employed either at KU or KU’s partner institutions as post-doctoral fellows or faculty members at the time of applying.
- In addition, as long as African applicants can submit one of the two reference letters received from their prospective host from Kyoto University and prove their existing partnerships, they are eligible to apply for the program.
For a complete list of KU’s partner institutions, please visit its Global Engagement Website at http://www.oc.kyoto-u.ac.jp/agreement/en/.
Duration and Benefits
- Stipend and Travel Expenses
- The financial support for successful applicants ranges from 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro per year and is pro-rated for different periods. CFE will directly administer the payments and notify the detailed payment procedure to each successful applicant.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: November 15th, 2023
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.