Countdown Fellowship Program 2024 for African Researchers
Applications are open for the Countdown to 2030 Fellowship Program 2024. This one-year fellowship enables African researchers to strengthen their analytical capacities for monitoring reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health.
Fellows are expected to:
- Actively contribute to country collaboration activities by leading the drafting of reports or other technical and communication products.
- Attend two training workshops at APHRC.
- Attend virtual and face-to-face meetings with mentors and technical facilitators.
- Draft and submit at least one article to an international peer-reviewed journal at the end of the fellowship.
- Submit progress reports every three months.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a national of an African country with an ongoing Countdown collaboration.
- Have a master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, global health, demography, biostatistics, or any related field with a specialization in reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent Health. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree and extensive research experience in the areas above may apply.
- Be aged below 45 years at the time of application.
- Have experience conducting research.
Duration and Benefits
Fellows develop skills through instruction and engagement with global and regional Countdown collaborators, as well as through participation in short courses on scientific writing, data analysis, research governance, policy analysis and other topics. This includes two one-month stays at APHRC over the course of the fellowship and remote support from Countdown researchers during the rest of the year.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 17th December, 2023
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.