DAAD/NELGA 2023 Short-Stay Research Fellowship for African Researchers 2023
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) as commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to organize support measures for the “Network of Excellence for Land Governance in Africa (NELGA)”.
NELGA is a partnership of over 70 leading African universities and research institutions with proven leadership in education, training and research on land governance.
- Have completed at least a first university degree (undergraduate) at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education;
- Be enrolled or a staff member at one of the NELGA partner universities or associated institutions;
- Return to their studies/duty station at the end of the fellowship;
- Be nationals of an African country;
- Be granted leave of absence by their home institution for conducting a field study.
The most important selection criteria are:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- A convincing and well-planned research project;
- Academic achievements
- Relevance of the proposal to the research topics outlined in the attached factsheet
Any additional documents supporting the academic relevance of the research proposal or providing information about pertinent extracurricular activities of the applicant will also be considered in the assessment. Special consideration will be given to proposals that address the cross-border area and topics outlined in the factsheet accompanying this call. Further consideration will be given to applicants who successfully completed the MOOC on “Land and Conflict” by AUF (Agrence Universitaire de la Francophonie) and University of Youndé I
Documents Required for Application
DAAD application form, duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal);
- Curriculum Vitae, including list of publications (if applicable);
- Detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages);
- Weekly schedule of planned research work;
- Letter confirming supervision by an academic adviser at the host institute, which refers to the applicant’s proposal and confirms that the host institute will provide a workplace (not applicable for studies in the field);
- Copies of university diplomas/certificates and transcripts of record of all annual academic examinations (incl. explanation of grading system);
- A recent reference from a university teacher which provides information about the applicant’s qualifications.
How to Apply
Applicants will be required to:
- Register online via the DAAD-Portal (if not already registered): https://portal.daad.de/
- Apply online under the following link: Click here
For more details, visit DAAD website
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.