Food And Agricultural Organisation (FAO) 2023 Fellowship Program
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
The Fellowship Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfil their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO. Assignments should be in line with FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
- Age: no age limits.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
How to Apply
Go to Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) on jobs.fao.org to apply
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
• You are requested to attach a research proposal, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
• Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application through the FAO recruitment portal. Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile.
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Candidates who are not selected before the closing date and wish to be continuously considered for an assignment are requested to re-apply to the new Calls.
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
For more details, visit FAO website.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.
Kindly share this opportunity with Researchers and others. Thank you.