Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) Microgrants 2023
Applications are open for the Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) Microgrants 2023. GYCAF envisions a world where young people are given the resources to pursue green entrepreneurship and create a green economy with the goal of lowering carbon emissions and conserving the environment.
The Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) is dedicated to financing youth-led climate action in communities hardest hit by the impacts of climate change. The idea for the fund was birthed at COP25 and developed over a three-month consultation period that involved virtual dialogues with finance experts to help curate a vehicle that supports and champions youth-led climate action.
- Sustainable Agriculture: smart agriculture to ensure food sustainability.
- Clean Energy: powering communities in need of light and energy.
- Oceans: protecting marine life and mitigating climate catastrophes.
- Capacity Building: empowering youth with entrepreneurship skills.
- Green Stewardship: protecting biodiversity and influencing behavioral change.
- Technology and Innovation: breakthroughs that solve climate-related problems.
- Open to Youth-led organizations (80 percent majority-owned; the definition of youth adopted is under 30 years of age).
- Strong motivation on creating change or an impact in the community through grassroots activism.
- Conducting grassroots activism in their community.
- Seeking grants to kick-start or support already existing initiatives.
- Clear environment and socio-economic impacts of the project/initiative.
- A clear idea of how to use the funds and why this grant will be useful to create more value and impact for the project.
- Demonstrates well-planned project, with well-developed strategy, timeline, budgeting, and team management.
Duration and Benefits: Successful applicants will be awarded grants between USD $500 – USD $1,000, depending on the grantee application.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
Deadline: June 16th, 2023
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.