Lex:lead Annual Essay Competition 2023
Applications are open for the Lex:lead Annual Essay Competition 2023. The competition invites top-ranked essays answering this year’s essay question: How effective have laws protecting the rights of children been to reduce poverty and support economic development? How could they be improved?
Lex:lead is a group of international lawyers and friends who support economic development focusing on the world’s least developed countries. They offer an annual essay competition on topics of law and development to students from eligible countries. In 2015 they also started placing their students in internships with the World Bank and NGOs and in 2018 they began offering mentoring to their winners. Launched with funding from the International Bar Association Foundation, Lex:lead is a partner to the World Bank-supported Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development.
- Eligible students should be with citizenship and enrolment with at least one law class in an eligible country.
- Finalists will need to show citizenship and current enrolment at an accredited institution in one of the eligible countries with at least one law class to be confirmed for an award.
- Americas: Haiti
- Asia/Pacific/Middle East: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kiribati, Lao, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Yemen
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, DR Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan (Rep.), Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Duration and Benefits
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Up to 16 US$500 awards will be available. Awards are generally payable to the winner’s educational institution on his/her behalf and not to the winning student directly. Funds received may also be less any necessary bank conversion fees and/or taxes. Lex:lead will never charge a fee to participate.
- A Certificate of Participation will be sent to all registered candidates who submit an essay by 31 December 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 31st October, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.