Michigan State University (MSU) 2024 Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship
A fellowship of up to $2,000 to support international African students travel to Africa for research. The award honors former Nigerian President Nnamdi Azikiwe, a scholar and politician, who led Nigeria as its first civilian president and who invited MSU faculty to join him and other Nigerians to build a land-grant model university in Eastern Nigeria. This became the University of Nigeria at Nsukka, had a distinguished educational history, and was the beginnings of the MSU African Studies faculty, now approximately 100 scholars spanning many colleges and departments.
The African Studies Center recognizes that international African students studying at MSU have limited opportunities to apply for grants and fellowships to conduct research in Africa – usually reserved for citizens and permanent residents of the United States. For this reason,
- Only African undergraduate or graduate students conducting research in Africa are eligible for this fellowship.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an MSU degree-granting program, and awardees must return to MSU as registered students in the semester following the award.
- Priority will be given to students in good academic standing and with demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants must successfully complete any MSU requirements related to doing research abroad (IRB training for instance)
- Fellowship recipients must write and submit a report (3 to 5 pages) to the African Studies Center within one month of their return from Africa.
Benefits of MSU Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship
One or more fellowships of up to $ 2,000 will be awarded for travel and/or fieldwork expenses in Africa. Funds are meant to defray costs, students are expected to find additional funds if costs are to exceed granted amount.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
How to Apply
Go to Michigan State University on africa.isp.msu.edu to apply
For more details, visit MSU Center For African Studies website
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.