Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2024 (Fully-funded to Canada)
The Globalink Research Internship is a highly competitive initiative that attracts talented researchers to Canada. Each year, interns from select Mitacs partner countries and regions come to Canada for 12 weeks from May to October to undertake research projects at Canadian universities. The objective of Globalink Research Internship is to build a bridge between Canada and emerging international research talent.
To apply for a Globalink Research Internship, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution in one of the eligible countries or regions. Official partner countries and regions are Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States. Note: Applicants from the United States must apply directly to Fulbright Canada via Fulbright’s website.
- Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2024
- Meet the grade requirements for your country of study:
- GPA requirements by country will be updated in June 2023
- Be available to complete a 12-week internship, arriving in Canada between May 1 and July 31, 2024, and returning to their country of study between July 31 and October 31, 2024
- Possess a valid passport that is valid until at least January 2025 (more information about passport below)
- Student applicants must provide in their application:
- An official transcript from the home university, in English or French. If you cannot obtain an English or French transcript, you must submit a translated and notarized copy before the application deadline
- At least one letter of reference from a professor or research supervisor
- A CV detailing research experience
- Apply to a minimum of three, maximum of seven, projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
Duration and Benefits
Globalink research interns receive:
- A matched project with a Canadian professor and university, based on their research interests, skills, and expertise
- Round-trip airfare to Canada (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Transportation from airport in Canada to accommodation
- Stipend for housing (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Health insurance
- Stipend towards student enrollment fees up to a maximum of $300
- Stipend for food and incidentals (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Support from student mentors on campus in Canada
- Registration for industry events and professional development courses
- Globalink Research Internship certificate of completion
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
Deadline: September 21st, 2023
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.