OCCRP Research & Data Team Fellowship 2023 (Funded)
Applications are open for the OCCRP Research & Data Team Fellowship 2023. The OCCRP research and data teams have combined forces and they are thrilled to announce the first ever Research & Data Fellowship Program!
They don’t care if you’re a beginner eager to dive into data journalism, someone looking to enhance their OSINT skills, or an experienced researcher. What matters is that you’re excited about investigative journalism and want to take a step forward with them.
The fellowship details include:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- 8-week hybrid program; kick off is in person Nov. 1-12 at OCCRP’s global HQ in Amsterdam.
- 6-8 fellows will be selected; each fellow will be paired with a mentor from the R&D Team and together they will focus on honing your data and research skills while developing a story idea.
- 3 fellows will be chosen specifically from the countries of Armenia, Ecuador, Ghana, Mongolia, Nigeria, Philippines, and Zambia; the remaining 3-5 fellows will be chosen from any country.
- For the grand finale, you’ll get to participate in a separate OCCRP event scheduled for Nov. 11-12: OCCRP’s first hackathon!
- Open to anyone eager to dive into data journalism, someone looking to enhance their OSINT skills, or an experienced researcher.
- Applications are welcome from around the world. However, 3 fellows will be chosen specifically from the countries of Armenia, Ecuador, Ghana, Mongolia, Nigeria, Philippines, and Zambia; the remaining 3-5 fellows will be chosen from any country.
Duration and Benefits
- Opening Extractives and OCCRP will cover your travel, visa, and accommodation costs, as well as provide a small stipend for the kick off session in Amsterdam.
- You will work in their office space with members from the R&D Team and other OCCRP staff.
- While they will do their best to support you in the travel visa application process, note that you will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that all paperwork is prepared for your travel to the Netherlands for arrival on November 1 and departure on November 12.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 29th September, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.