Overseas Development Institute Fellowships are determined primarily by the needs of the scheme’s partner governments. The continued demand from governments for ODI fellows, as well as the level of responsibility entrusted to them, is testament to the respect the scheme has earned over the 59 years since it was established.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The ODI Fellowship Scheme allows early-career economists and statisticians to work as public sector civil servants on two-year contracts in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, the Pacific and the Western Balkans. ODI Fellows are typically employed as local civil servants reporting to local managers. Fellows work in a range of institutions from finance and planning ministries to ministries of health and education, as well as central banks, statistics offices, and regulatory bodies.
Requirements for Overseas Development Institute
The ODI fellowship scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities and ODI support and encourage applications from LGBTQ+ and disabled candidates. Postgraduate economists and statisticians with an interest in development are encouraged to apply.
Expected qualifications and skills
Fellowships vary from job to job and country to country, but all require a combination of the following experience and personal qualities.
Qualifications for Overseas Development Institute
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- The ODI Fellowship Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities who have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, statistics or a related field.
- Suitable specialised qualifications at postgraduate level include, but aren’t limited to, agricultural economics, environmental economics, international economics, health economics, development economics, and econometrics and statistics.
- For those studying for a postgraduate degree at the time of application, the award of a Fellowship is conditional upon the successful completion of the postgraduate degree.
Benefits of Overseas Development Institute
- Fellows receive a total package equivalent to GBP21,000 a year (increasing to GBP23,000 in the second year) plus a housing allowance.
- Applications are strengthened by a demonstrable interest in public policy, relevant work or voluntary experience and language proficiency (with English essential and French particularly advantageous) and strong IT skills.
Selection Criteria for Overseas Development Institute
- Interviews are scheduled to take place during the week of 19 June 2023.
- Successful applicants will be expected to attend a week-long briefing session in-person in London the week of 11 September 2023.
Deadline for Overseas Development Institute
Please note that the application process will close on April 27th, 2023, and applications must be submitted by 23:59 (GMT) to be considered. Please ensure that you complete your application form within seven days of registering. If you are experiencing problems with your application, please contact the Fellowship Scheme office on [email protected]
How to Apply
To apply click the link below:
Kindly share this opportunity with and others. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.