Imagine a world where every person has improved access to financial services.
People could start new businesses, pay for their children’s education, cover their emergency medical bills – the possibilities to improve life are endless.
Branch is a global technology company revolutionizing financial access for millions of underserved banking customers today across Africa and India.
By leveraging the rapid adoption of smartphones, machine learning and other technology, Branch is pioneering new ways to improve access and value for those overlooked by banks.
From instant loans to market-leading investment yields, Branch offers a variety of products that help our customers be financially empowered.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the co-founders of Kiva.org and one of the earliest product leaders of PayPal.
Branch has raised over $100 million from leading Silicon Valley investors, including Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) and Visa.
With over 32 million downloads, Branch is one of the most popular finance apps in the world.
About the role
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Branch launched in Nigeria in early 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth.
We are expanding our product portfolio and user base in all our markets including Nigeria, and are more than ever dependent on reliable products and services to achieve our goals.
We are looking for talented interns to join us and be part of this journey.
As a software engineering intern, you will work closely with experienced engineers at Branch and make significant contributions to our products and code base for 4-6 months.
You will brainstorm, design, code, debug, and ship features serving our millions of customers while picking up skills necessary for your career.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Contribute to building functionalities for existing and new product lines and platforms such as Credit, Wallet, Payments, KYC, Data Platforms, etc.
- Integrate with various third-party systems, including payment systems, identity providers, and messaging platforms.
- Have some experience building Backend or Android applications that are more than just toy projects. Applications that have real users or an open source project would be a great plus.
- You have a solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, distributed systems, and data storage.
- Know your way through various flavors of Unix and commonly used command line utilities.
- Proficiency in at least one mainstream language like Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contributed to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator and communicator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company, working with teammates from all over the world, and learning.
Duration and Benefits
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive stipend as compensation
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Possible job offer depending on your performance during the internship
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: Not Specified
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.