The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), which operates the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV), has officially launched the 2018 SPDC JV LiveWIRE Programme, with a specific focus on empowering youths from Niger Delta states.
LiveWIRE aims to enhance opportunities for young individuals to actualize their potential by fostering the creation and growth of their businesses. These enterprises are envisioned to contribute to a more robust economy and communities with young people who are fulfilled.
LiveWIRE Nigeria is a youth enterprise development program backed by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC).
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- Applicants who are indigenes of Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, Abia, Akwa Ibom, Cross River or Edo States and who must be residents in their state of origin.
- Must possess a University degree or HND in any discipline. Must not be in paid employment.
- Must have an innovative business idea.
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
- Must not be a business owner for more than three (3) years. Applicants must not have previously benefitted from any Shell Community Skills & Enterprise Development Social Investment programme such as LiveWIRE, Community Skills Training, Agricultural programme, etc.
- Business Plan to relate to specified value chain sectors/areas, i.e.:
- Clean Energy Solutions/Oil and Gas Social Enterprise
- Retail and Wholesale
- ICT and Telecommunications.
Duration and Benefits
- For young people there is access to attractive, targeted, high quality, relevant programmes and opportunities to meet other young people with similar ambitions and challenges.
- For the joint venture partners especially Shell, there are Public Relations, media and brand opportunities aimed at demonstrating commitment to local economic development. In addition because LiveWIRE works in the area of youth development and small business (which in nearly every country around the world are major political and social concerns), it can provide platforms to involve government to interact with youths/future leaders. LiveWIRE can also provide good opportunities for Shell Employee Volunteering programmes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 22nd December, 2023
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.