UNITAR Division for Prosperity calls on women entrepreneurs, business leaders and those running micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) from three Regional Economic Communities across sub-Saharan Africa to apply for the Advancing Gender Equality and Women Empowerment 2023 Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy Training Programme. The programme is open to women in West, Central, and Southern Africa (ECOWAS, ECCAS and SADC).
The training programme aims to equip participants with the fundamental concepts of entrepreneurship and financial management. It seeks to support their motivation to learn and contribute to the advancement of their communities. The programme will span seven weeks, running from August 2023 and will be delivered in both English and French.
N.B: The duration of the course is subject to change.
At the end of the programme, learners will be able to:
- Outline current opportunities and challenges in promoting gender equality, specifically in the context of entrepreneurship.
- Understand the entrepreneurial process of identifying opportunities and mobilizing resources to bring a new enterprise to life.
- Apply tools and techniques to create desirable, feasible, viable and sustainable solutions for customer needs and problems.
- Design a business model appropriate for their enterprise and customer segment(s) and develop revenue models to capture value in all its forms.
- Apply accounting and financial management tools and techniques to monitor their finances and make informed business decisions that lead to sustainability and growth.
- Craft financial and risk-mitigating strategies for business.
Approximately 10-15 candidates will be selected from each member country to participate in the programme. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- women aged between 18 and 45
- established or aspiring entrepreneur with a solid entrepreneurial idea or initiative and a deep interest in entrepreneurship and financial literacy
- keen passion and motivation to learn and contribute to society and country
- commitment to actively engage in the programme for its entire duration, including attending webinars
Applicants need an electronic device (e.g. desktop, laptop, smartphone) for the entire programme and must have good oral and written skills in English or French. The programme will accept applications from women entrepreneurs in the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, The Gambia, Togo, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Duration and Benefits: This 7-week online training will be hosted on an interactive mobile application that allows self-paced learning and will cover modules in entrepreneurship and financial literacy. In addition to completing self-paced online courses, learners will engage in peer-to-peer discussions and assignments.
This programme will be delivered in English and French. Participants who complete and meet the minimum Criteria will receive a joint UNITAR and UNDP Certificate of Completion.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: July 31st, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.