University of Manchester Dean’s Scholarship Award 2024 for International Students
Applications are now open for the University of Manchester Dean’s Scholarship Award 2024. Here’s how to apply for the scholarship:
- Type of award: Scholarship
- Managing department: Faculty of Science and Engineering
The fully funded award includes:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1,000 Research Training Support Grant per year
- Tenable period: 3.5 years
- Continuation of award: Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
- Number available: 40
- Funding provider: The University of Manchester’s Faculty of Science and Engineering
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science
- Civil Engineering
- Coatings and Ceramics
- Computer Science
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Fashion Management and Marketing
- Imaging and Characterisation
- Management of Projects in Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy and Corrosion
- Nano and Functional Materials
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Polymers and Composites
- Textiles and Apparel
To be considered for this award you must:
- Have submitted an application by the deadline for a PhD programme to start in September 2024.
- Hold (or expect to achieve) a first class or 2.1 UK honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent).
- Be able to demonstrate potential for academic research. This may include undergraduate projects, placements, internships, contributions to publications or articles, promoting research to a wider audience, prizes for previous work or stetting up collaborations with other groups.
- Be able to demonstrate involvement in broader activities, e.g. outreach, volunteering, community engagement, engagement in EDIA and other extra-curricular activities.
- This funding is available to all nationalities.
Other eligibility criteria
Applicants must hold an offer of study at The University of Manchester before applying for this funding.
Candidates must also:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- meet English language entry requirements as specified by the Department that you are applying to;
- have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications / articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
How to Apply
Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships work on a nomination basis, the lead supervisor will consider you for nomination and will support you through the process.
It is important that you have had significant contact with the supervisory team during the application process and that they are aware that you wish to be considered for funding.
To be considered, applicants must apply for a place in the Ph.D. program of their choice as early as possible before the advertised funding deadline.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant department webpages as well as information on how to apply for our PhD programmes.
- All shortlisted candidates will be invited to be interviewed by the Faculty DDS Panel.
- Candidates will be notified by email.
- Interviews for this recruitment cycle will be conducted via Zoom.
- The Faculty DDS Panel will assess interviewees based on their DDS nomination form, a short verbal presentation and interview questions.
- Selections will be made by Faculty PGR Services and departmental Admissions Teams, who will work together to communicate outcomes to candidates.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2024
For 24/25, applications are being considered in two batches throughout the academic year running until 31 March 2024:
- If you apply for this scholarship before 31 January 2024 and your supervisor nominates you you’ll be interviewed in March and notified if you have been awarded a scholarship by 28 March 2024.
- If you apply for this scholarship between 31 January 2024 and 31 March 2024 and your supervisor nominates you you’ll be interviewed in May and notified if you have been awarded a scholarship by 31 May 2024.
Contact details for enquiries
- Sandra Kershaw
Recruitment and Admissions Manager
Tel: 0161 306 4826
Email: [email protected]
Start your Application
Below, you will find the application button, deadline information and other details. Good luck. But before you apply;share, rate and Join us for More.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.