Youth Hackathon for Green Low-Carbon Agriculture 2023
Applications are open for the Youth Hackathon for Green Low-Carbon Agriculture (#YouthforGLCA) 2023. The #YouthforGLCA aims to bring forth the creativity and problem-solving nature of young people to provide solutions for global agricultural green development, as well as agricultural carbon emissions reduction and carbon sequestration by adopting innovative and inclusive methods with the sense of “New Technology, New Pattern, and New Service.”
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The #YouthforGLCA is a joint effort of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) China Office, the Department of International Cooperation of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), the Center for International Agricultural Research of CAAS, and the Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD). In the previous year, 2022 Youth Hackathon for Reducing Food Loss and Waste was organized, which garnered participation from 21 countries and received an impressive influx of creative proposals. Following three rounds of rigorous selection, a total of 15 teams from 8 countries successfully advanced to the final stage.
- Open to all young professionals;
- Team members would ideally be between 18 and 40 years old, of any nationality, with participating economies across the world.
Duration and Benefits
- A generous cash prize and a certificate provided by the FAO and CAAS.
- Comprehensive experience of an independent innovation and entrepreneurship activity along with partners who share the same values.
- Networking with other teams, UN agencies, CAAS, and partners in the field for future collaboration.
- Feedback and support from industry experts and mentors and gaining valuable insight and ideas on strategic thinking on sustainable agriculture and carbon mitigation under the new paradigm.
- Inspiring workspace where perspectives from different cultural backgrounds are welcomed.
- Referral to pursuing educational opportunities for graduate or Ph.D. degrees in CAAS, and preferential access to internships within the Center for International Agricultural Research (CIAR).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: July 20th, 2023
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.