Partner Organization BFA Global Catalyst Fund programs, operating in key markets including Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Mexico and India, focus on under-catalyzed sectors where the combination of finance, data and technology have the power to create innovative solutions for underserved customers.
The current programs focus on inclusive fintech and inclusive digital commerce.
Timeline – The next cohort will kick off in October 2022.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Sector: Environmental services, Clean technology, Financial services, Fintech, Renewable energy, Waste management and recycling, Wind power.
This programme seeks early-stage startups that improve the resilience of underserved and climate-vulnerable communities in emerging markets.
- USD $100,000 in cash.
- USD $100,000 of venture building support.
- Access to a global network of 100+ investors.
- 1 sponsored intern.
- Up to $175,000 value in Catalyst Fund perks.
- 1 sponsored impact report by 60 Decibels.
- Access to field research and data on the lives of underserved customers.
- Dedicated PR and marketing support.
- Lifetime access to a global network of 61 alumni companies.
- Product: Fintech and climate resilience startups
- Customers: Serving underserved and climate-vulnerable communities
- Team: Local founders or co-founders, gender-balanced leadership teams
- Geography: Africa
- Traction: Company has product in market, some customers and working toward product-market fit
- Stage: Pre-Seed
Companies might consider:
- Financial resilience: emergency payments, insurance, disaster relief, data for pricing risk, asset-building products.
- Climate-smart livelihoods: green jobs, recycling, sustainable agriculture, carbon credits, fishery management.
- Sustainable utilities: water management, energy, cooling, cold storage, ventilation, clean energy access.
The Application Deadline is Not Specified
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.