2022 European Commission Youth4Regions Program for Aspiring Journalists
Are you a journalist or a student enrolling in journalism or a young journalist? Here is an opportunity for you as applications are now being received for the 2022 European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists. This program is fully-funded for all successful applicants.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region.
What to Expect from European Commission Youth4Regions Program
The European Commission Youth4Regions programme is the programme for aspiring journalists. The programme is targeted at helping journalism students and young journalists discover what the EU is doing in their region.
All expenses or costs associated with coming to Brussels in October will be covered by the European Commission including covers travel, food and accommodation. Applications from former participants are not accepted.
Eligibility Criteria for European Commission Youth4Regions Program
To be eligible for European Commission Youth4Regions Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have Interest in what EU regional policy is doing in your region
- Applicants must have a Background in journalism (studies or up to 2 years of experience)
- EU or neighbouring country citizen aged from 18 to 30 years old
- Availability during 8 – 14 October 2022
- Applications from former participants are not accepted.
- Only journalists with up to 2 years of experience (calculated until the moment of the closing of the application period) are eligible.
Besides EU Member States and the United Kingdom, other countries accepted in the programme are: Albania, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey), potential candidates (Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo), ENI countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia, as well as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) and EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland)
All participants in the program will have the following benefits:
- Training on journalism and EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to the Member States
- Accommodation, food and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
How To Apply
Interested and eligible applicants for the European Commission Youth4Regions Program for journalism students and young journalists are required to submit their applications online for the program.
The Application Deadline is 11th July 2022