2022 Genius Bee Innovation Programme for Nigerian Students (₦200,000 prize)
Applications are open for the Genius Bee Innovation Programme 2022. Genius Bee is a national innovation programme where young talents from various secondary schools in Nigeria, get together to learn, build capacity and develop innovative solutions for a better and more sustainable future.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The goal of the programme is to develop a network of young innovators and changemakers that would impact the world, through their transformative actions and innovative solutions. They intend to create a global student platform fully dedicated to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), where youngsters can be trained, connect and access a unique ecosystem of experts, mentors, investors, government and non-government organizations.
2022 Genius Bee Innovation Programme Details
Genius Bee Innovation Programme provides the next generation hands-on trainings on SDGs, Circular Economy, Green Economy, Waste Recycling and Artificial Intelligence. The Genius Bee invites secondary school students to show off their knowledge of general academics.
This programme features a bootcamp training and multi-educational contests which includes essay writing, spellings, speech presentation, arithmetic, waste innovation and more. As a central part of the experience, the young talents will be immersed in a daylong bootcamp where they will receive training and support from facilitators and mentors to frame problems and develop early-stage prototype solutions within their interested SDG.
At each State level, medals and plaque awards would be given to the Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). Each student would be issued a Certificate of Participation after the tournament.
The following cash prize is set to be given to the winners of the Grand tournament.
- 1st Prize: ₦200,000 for the Champion
- 2nd Prize: ₦150,000 for 1st Runner-Up
- 3rd Prize: ₦100,000 for 2nd Runner-Up
- School bags, atlas, dictionaries, scientific calculators, mathematical sets, and many more rewards would be given as consolation prizes.
- Open to public and private Secondary Schools in Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Osun and Lagos states.
- Senior Secondary School II (S.S.S. 2) Students attending full-time Secondary Education in any Public and Private Secondary Schools in the states listed above are eligible to take part in the competition.
- Entry or registration into this competition is FREE.
- The competition shall be held at the state and regional levels, where winners in every state will compete together for the grand prize.
- Note that the official language for this competition is the English Language at the State and Regional Levels.
How To Apply
Interested candidate can CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Application Deadline is 30th September 2022