2022 Ian Parry Scholarship Prize for young Photo Journalists ($USD 3,500 Prize)
Open to: Creatives/Artists, Journalists, Photographers, Youths
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
Application is now open for the Ian Parry Scholarship Prize 2022. Ian Parry was a photojournalist who died while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian revolution in 1989. He was just 24 years of age. Aidan Sullivan, then picture editor, and Ian’s friends and family created the Ian Parry Scholarship in order to build something positive from such a tragic death. Each year, an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories: The Tom Stoddart Award for Excellence and The Canon Award for Potential.
- The entry criteria for both is the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries.
- Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
The Benefits of Ian Parry Scholarship Prize include:
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
- Canon continues to support the Scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London (covid permitting).
- Mentorship Programme, we offer a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Potential.
- Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo, automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
The scholarship is supported by the generous donations from Canon, The Incite Project and Verbatim.
How To Apply
Interested applicants can click on the apply button to apply.
For More Information, visit the Official Webpage of the Ian Parry Scholarship Prize 2022
The Application Deadline is 15th July 2022