2022 Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance Surprise Mentorship Round Program for Nigerians
The Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance is a government-backed initiative leveraging the actionable force of over 5 million young people dedicated to accelerating progress towards the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals in Lagos state.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
As part of the strategic efforts towards making substantial progress in the actualisation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Lagos State Government led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has taken the SDGs as a great priority and infused in the state’s development agenda codenamed THEMES (Traffic Management and Transportation, Health and Environment, Education and Technology, Making Lagos a 21st Century Economy, Entertainment and Tourism as well as Security and Governance).
The SDGs is an ideology that the Lagos state government has embraced to get every citizen to live a fulfilled and impactful life, and the T.H.E.M.E.S agenda is helping in scaling these developmental efforts. The Lagos State Government Office of SDGs and Investment has established a participatory structure that encourages ideas, principles, policies, efforts towards these goals.
The SDG Academy is an online platform that offers free, high-quality massive open online courses (MOOC) to provide deeper knowledge of sustainable development. SDG Academy brings together world-renowned experts on a range of topics including health, education, climate change, agriculture and food systems, sustainable investment and other related fields.
There are four guiding principles for the SDGs:
- Universality: the goals apply in every country, including Canada.
- Integration: achievement of any one goal is linked to the achievement of the others.
- Aspiration: there is a need to move past business as usual and seek transformational solutions.
- Leaving No One Behind: success depends on the inclusion of the poorest and most vulnerable.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Wellbeing
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent work and Economy Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Our House is on Fire
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institution
- Partnership for the Goals
How To Apply
SDGs cover poverty, hunger, health, education, climate change, environment, gender equality, clean water, clean energy, decent work, cities, oceans, and much more.
Apply for any SDGs phase of your choice using the link below