2022 Lagos State SDG Grants (get N5m funding)
In line with the Lagos State Government’s commitment to shared prosperity, the Office of Sustainable Development Goals and Investment has launched the Lagos SDGs Grant Competition to fund 51 projects across the 167 targets of SDGs in the State.
Speaking at a Press Briefing organised for the launch of the grant at the State House, Ikeja, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Sustainable Development Goals and Investment, Mrs. Solape Hammond described the initiative as a strategy of crowdsourcing innovative ideas that can lead to measurable impact on SDGs and offer smarter, faster ways to make real progress on the Goals and transform the society to a more resilient and purposeful city.
She explained that the State Government is furthering its development commitments by ensuring that critical systems are put in place to stimulate action and participation from all stakeholders from people at the grassroots to the highest levels of government.
The Grant Competition, according to her, was conceived as part of the strategy to mobilise collective action to advance progress on the SDGs through social, economic, and environmental initiatives that are positive, transformative, collaborative and scalable.
This initiative is open to Civil Society Organisations, Social Impact Ventures, Non-Governmental Organisations and Social Entrepreneurs within Lagos State as it will create a broader-based collaboration and amplify the impact of key actors in the SDGs space.
Speaking on the process of application, Solape confirmed that applicants who must have successfully passed eligibility screenings will be required to submit one project idea that addresses one of the 17 Global SDGs with a specific KPI and an estimated number of persons that will be impacted by the project.
“Submitted projects will be reviewed by a project selection committee who will grant interviews to the most promising applicants after which the sum of N5 million each will be awarded to three winning ideas that target each of the SDGs, making a total of 51 projects”, she confirmed.
The 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) to transform our world:
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal
Who can apply for 2022 Lagos State SDG Grants?
- Non-Governmental Organisations
- Social Entrepreneurs
- Civil Society Organisations
- Social Impact Ventures
Apply for the opportunity to win N5M for the SDG project(s) you take on.
Visit the official website for more information.
Click here to apply
The Application Deadline is 30th November 2022
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.