2022 Western Union Foundation Fellowship for Young Entrepreneurs and Leaders
Applications are invited from entrepreneurs and leaders for the Western Union Foundation Fellowships.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
This program’s combination of online and in-person components enables fellows to benefit from the global cohort while concentrating on local impact in their communities.
The Western Union Foundation Fellowship is for next-generation entrepreneurs and community leaders from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe.
This 16-week-long program is designed to equip these next-generation entrepreneurs and leaders with the skills and experience to increase access to economic opportunity, have the opportunity to earn seed funding, integrate into their communities, succeed in the evolving nature of work, and transform their communities.
To be considered for the Western Union Foundation Fellowship, you must:
- Be an entrepreneur and community leader
- Be from and working with highly marginalized, refugee, and forcibly displaced communities around the globe
- Be someone who focuses on creating local impact within their communities
Fellowship Duration and Reward
- The Western Union Foundation Fellowship is a 16-week-long program.
- $25,000 in seed funding will be distributed among the Western Union Foundation Fellows based on progress and impact throughout the Fellowship.
- Fellows will gain skills and experience to increase access to economic opportunity.
- Virtual and in-person components that allows fellows to take advantage of the global cohort while also focusing on creating local impact within their communities.
- Virtual programming includes Impact Series, workshops, and weekly check-ins. In-person programming includes local Fellow-led Basecamps and a Fellow-led meetup.
How to Apply
Western Union and Watson Institute are on the search for young people who are motivated to work towards a future that is better, more sustainable, and more equitable than the present.
They are looking for people who are gritty, creative, and driven to not only listen and learn, but also act.
Applicants with the above qualities are encouraged to apply using the link below.