2023 Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from Developing Countries
The International Peace Research Association Foundation invites applications for the Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from countries in the Global South. Dorothy Senesh was a long-time activist for international peace and justice. Her husband, Lawrence Senesh, established this fellowship following her death in 1989. The first award was made at the IPRA 25th Anniversary conference, July 1990, in Groningen, Netherlands and has been made biennially (every other year) ever since.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- The Dorothy Senesh Fellowship is available to women from countries in the Global South who have completed a Bachelor’s degree, who have been accepted into a graduate program, and whose graduate work is to be focused on issues related to the goals of the IPRA Foundation. Funds will only be dispersed when the selected candidate is admitted into a graduate program. Awards are considered based on need; therefore, students with substantial funding sources are less likely to be considered for the award.
- This fellowship is not for research purposes and proposals. Do not apply if you are male, if you are an undergraduate, or if you are not from a country in the Global South.
How To Apply
- Applications are due by January 15, 2023.
- Announcement of the Awards will be made by April 1, 2023.
The link to the English, Spanish or French Application form can be found below.
SENESH FELLOWSHIP REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Application (English, Spanish or French)
- Letter of Acceptance to your graduate program (may be pdf)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (recommenders must email letters directly to Ms. Crystal Money.)
EMAIL ONE COPY OF THE APPLICATION FORM To Program Administrative Assistant Philip Armour at:
For More Information, visit the Official Webpage of the 2023 Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies
The Application Deadline is 15th January 2023