University of Marburg Graduate Program is an application to PhD positions from the Department of Geography, research group on Climatologie and Remote Sensing, Prof. Dr. Jörg Bendix, is currently accepting applications for a Doctoral Researcher/PhD
The University of Marburg, founded in 1527, offers a variety of excellent programs of study for around 22,000 students and confronts the important topics of our time through excellent research across a broad spectrum of sciences.
The University of Marburg Graduate position is offered for a period of 3 years, if no former times of qualification must be considered. The starting date is 01.04.2024. The position is part-time (65 % of regular working hours) with salary and benefits commensurate with a public service position in the state Hesse, Germany (TV-H E 13, 65 %).
The position is part of the large and collaborative project MW³ (Standardized monitoring of growth responses of important forest tree species to climatic extreme events) that is funded by WaldKlimaFonds and aims at developing a forest monitoring system to detect growth responses of important forest ecosystems in Central Europe to climatic extreme events.
To be considered for the University of Marburg Graduate Program, applicants must have:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- MSc degree or equivalent in geography (focus on eco-climatology), geosciences, ecology or comparable subject with high grades
- strong background and interest in satellite-based remote sensing and eco-climatology
- knowledge of the combination of station and satellite data, the processing of large data sets and statistical evaluation methods
- experience with machine learning methods
- knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Python, R)
- proficiency in written/oral English and very good organizational and communication skills
- experience in scientific publication is an advantage
Duration and Benefits
The Graduate Program period will run for three years with salary and benefits commensurate with a public service position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 7th January, 2024
Start your Application
Below, you will find the application button, deadline information and other details. Good luck. But before you apply;share, rate and Join us for More.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.