APPLY: 2024 African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program For Young Africans
African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program offer an opportunity to students who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas to work as interns.
The African Continental Free Trade Area – AfCFTA is the world’s largest free trade area, bringing together the 55 countries of the African Union (AU) and eight (8) Regional Economic Communities (RECs).
The overall mandate of the AfCFTA is to create a single continental market with a population of about 1.3 billion people and a combined GDP of approximately US$ 3.4 trillion. The aim is to enable the free flow of goods and services across the continent and boost the trading position of Africa in the global market.
The AfCFTA is one of the flagship projects of Agenda 2063 of the African Union (AU): The Africa We Want, the AU’s long-term development strategy for transforming the continent into a global powerhouse.
The internship program is designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Secretariat to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretariat and to support the corporate functions of the Secretariat.
Its main goal is to give successful candidates the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment. The AfCFTA would like to offer an opportunity to students who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas to work as interns (for a specified period) and gain some practical experience and international exposure.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
To be considered for the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program, you must:
- Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union and residing in Ghana.
- Final year students who are enrolled on full-time basis on a fully accredited degree program in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning in any of the following areas: International Trade, International Trade Law & Policy, Economics, International Law.
- Full availability for a minimum of three months, being the duration of the program
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Applicants should possess a high level of quantitative and IT skills (tests will be administered)
- Must possess very good ICT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment
- Applicants should be committed to upholding and adhering to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Duration and Benefits
The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Internship Program offers the following;
- To provide students the opportunity to gain an exposure to the work done at AfCFTA
- To offer a learning platform to students who qualify to serve as interns
- To provide students, the opportunity of experiencing, first hand, the work of one of the ambitious projects of the African Union
- To promote the AfCFTA to the general public, especially the youth and encourage them to work hard towards achieving their aims of working with International Organizations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 10th November, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.