Apply For 2022 Owl Canyon Contest for Essays (Prize $5,000)
Owl Canyon Press, Boulder, Colorado, announces an open competition for the best essay of at least 2,000 words about some aspect of Marc Jampole’s experimental literary masterpiece, The Brothers Silver. The winner, to be selected by the final judge, David Finkle, novelist and literary critic, will be awarded an honorarium of $5,000.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Details About Owl Canyon Contest
- On November 15, 2021, Boulder, Colorado…Owl Canyon Press is announcing an open essay competition based on any aspect of the literary masterpiece The Brothers Silver by Marc Jampole.
- The literary piece has been touted by the Adirondack Review, Chicago Review of Books, Jewish Currents, and Modern Literature, among others, for its fearless experimentation of style, verse, and storytelling.
- Finalists will be reviewed by literary novelist and critic David Finkle.
- He will award the winner an honorarium of $5,000.
- An additional honorarium of $1,000 will be awarded to the winner if their essay is published in an eligible publication (see rules for a list of eligible publications). All entrants will receive $300 if one of these outlets publishes their work.
- All Essays Submitted Eligible for $300 Honorarium.
- Owl Canyon to Publish Finalists in Anthology.
How To Apply for Owl Canyon Contest
- Owl Canyon will consider essays emailed to the mail before the deadline of May 31, 2022.
- You can proceed to learn the best approach to writing essays for free here.
- There is no cost to submit a manuscript to the competition. For more information about the contest and complete rules, click this link.
- All entries will be considered for publication in an upcoming anthology, published by Owl Canyon. There will be ten to fifteen finalist essays published in the compilation in 2023.
The Application Deadline is 31st May 2022.