Apply Now: CIVICUS Digital Action Lab 2024 (up to $30,000)
The CIVICUS Digital Action Lab (DAL) 2024 is now accepting applications.The CIVICUS Digital Action Lab (DAL) initiative equips civil society actors in countries with limited civic space with the knowledge, tools, and confidence to take effective action for inclusive democracy.
Real-world pilot initiatives that expand the organizing, lobbying, and campaigning capacities of participating civil society groups in the Global South, particularly through enhanced coordination with local allies, are being developed.
- The Digital Action Lab (DAL) is open to civil society organisations from the Global South, that are actively involved in advancing inclusive democracy civic space.
- Organisations representing historically excluded groups, such as rural communities, indigenous peoples, women, youth, and the LGBT+ community, are encouraged to apply or be nominated, and will make up at least 50% of each cohort.
- DAL will also be prioritising organisations from countries with restricted civic space.
- The programme seeks collaborators who are committed to shaping and testing digital interventions to strengthen their organising, advocacy, and campaign capacities, or other organisational systems and capabilities which underpin this work
Duration and Benefits
Create and control your DAL experience:
Participate in an initial in-person co-creation workshop to define your DAL cohort’s joint priorities and ways of working together, along with a discovery process to identify the focus of your specific pilot project.
Tailored skill enhancement and confidence building:
Seize the chance to improve your skills through tailored workshops and training plans which address the unique needs and challenges of your organisation. DAL is committed to building your confidence, empowering you with the knowledge and expertise to leverage new digital opportunities for your work.
Take existing work to the next level:
Rather than start from scratch, DAL projects will focus on enhancing your current strategies and approaches, to maximise impact and sustainability. You already know what is needed to deliver real change for inclusive democracy. The DAL will simply help you to unlock your digital potential.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
Explore and test digital solutions:
Receive funding and support to find the digital tools and approaches you need to overcome persistent challenges or turbo-charge your existing practices. This could be directly related to enhancing your organising, advocacy, and campaign work, or strengthening the organisational systems and capacities these activities depend on.
Financial support for participation and implementation:
Access a grant ranging from $10,000 to $30,000 USD to fund both your costs of participating in the DAL and the implementation of your DAL pilot project.
Structured format for meaningful engagement:
Participate in the DAL via online collaboration platforms, virtual workshops, localised implementation activities, and at least one in-person workshop. This combination of settings and formats aims to maximise opportunities for engagement with the DAL team, peer-learning, and community building.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 30th January, 2024
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.