UNFCCC Climate Champions Youth Fellowship: Young people and future generations are environmental stewards of the future. The Climate Champions Team, in support of the UN Climate Change High-Level Champions, are committed to strengthening youth agency in climate action. Elevating and empowering youth voices will help drive systemic change and the Climate Champions are committed to continuing to integrate this vital stakeholder group into the heart of our work.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
About UNFCCC Climate Champions Youth Fellowship
The Climate Champions Team is now looking for its third cohort of ambitious and stubbornly optimistic Youth Fellows. The programme creates a pathway for young professionals to work within the team supporting the UN Climate Change High-Level Champions for COP27 and COP28 – Dr. Mahmoud Mohieldin and H.E Razan Al Mubarak – to drive real world momentum into the UN Climate Change negotiations.
As part of the Youth Fellowship programme, you will help mobilise climate action amongst non-State actors to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, in close collaboration with the UNFCCC, the Marrakech Partnership and the COP Presidencies.
To help us deliver on our plan for COP28 and beyond, we are excited to announce Cohort 3 of the Youth Fellowship.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
Fellows will join the UNFCCC Climate Champions Youth Fellowship for a seven-month fellowship, placed within:
- The core Campaigns: Race To Zero and Race To Resilience;
- Systems Transformation: critical sectoral work in Energy, Finance, Ocean, Systems Tracking, and;
- Stakeholder and Policy Engagement.
The fellowship will include modules on personal leadership development, mentoring, engagement with stakeholders, systems mapping and horizon planning, mobilization and outreach in broader networks, including working closely with local, regional and global youth organisations to ensure knowledge sharing and solutions exchange. The fellows will also be able to collaborate collectively to explore projects and outreach.
This is a paid fellowship program.
Time commitment: The selected fellows will work closely with the respective sector leads during this fellowship and will be required to commit up to 16 hours per week.
Duration: The fellowship will run for seven months from June to December 2023.
Who should apply to UNFCCC Climate Champions Youth Fellowship
If you’re an early career professional, 30 or under (in 2023), with a record of engagement or expertise in one or two of the sectors hosting the fellowship or a history of climate/sustainability advocacy and familiarity with multi-stakeholder organising, we highly encourage you to apply.
Eligibility criteria for UNFCCC Climate Champions Youth Fellowship
- 30 or under 30 years of age in 2023
- Minimum five years of full-time work or volunteering experience, either in one of the fellowship sectors, climate leadership or organising
- Ability to commit minimum 16 hours a week to the fellowship
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to be flexible (you will be working with teams across different time zones)
- Adequate network relevant to sector-specific or climate related work
- Sufficient English language skills
- Your own laptop and reliable internet connectivity
- A commitment to the values of the Climate Champions Team to raise non-tate actor commitments to the global goals of the Paris Agreement
How to Apply
Click the link below to apply:
Kindly share this opportunity with Youths and others. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.