Call for Applications: Africa Teach4SDGs program Cohort 3
AIIDEV Africa has launched Cohort 3 of the Teach4SDGs program in order to promote sustainable development and teach the next generation about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Teach4SDGs curriculum is a 12-week intense training that includes 10+ advanced seminars, lectures, extensive readings and tests, and practical projects to help school educators better grasp the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The program will cover the 17 SDGs and their targets, as well as relevant topics like Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), Climate Change, Environmental Sustainability, Green Economy, Circular Economy, and Sustainable Waste Management, Project Management, Technology, and Innovation for Educators, and others.
The goal of Teach4SDGs is to equip primary and secondary teachers with the resources needed to educate the next generation to achieve a sustainable future. The project will provide teachers with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to effectively teach their students about the SDGs, and support the integration of the SDGs into the existing curriculum. The project aims to promote sustainable development, increase awareness, and encourage action toward achieving the SDGs by integrating SDG-based education into the curriculum.
To participate in this program, please note the following criteria before proceeding with
1. Application is open to all Primary and Secondary School Teachers both in Public and
Private Schools across Sub-Saharan African countries.
2. Ability to commit at least 4 hours in 2 days per week throughout the training
program. All sessions will be conducted in the English language.
3. Applicants must be between the ages of 20 – 45 years.
4. Availability to partake in virtual training and conduct SDGs Activation in your school.
5. Interested in being a development and transformation agent who promotes student
learning about the SDGs.
6. Applicants must not necessarily be acquainted with the knowledge of the SDGs 2030.
Duration and Benefits
This program will be conducted virtually using various learning and communication platforms so consider if you will have a reliable internet connection to participate when applying. Also, selected applicants will be onboard and enrolled in the 12-week intensive training and
activation program starting on the 8th January 2024.
The following opportunities and benefits will be available to participants of the Teach4SDGs
1. Acquiring advanced knowledge and skills on the SDGs, ESD, and other concepts of
2. World Recognition and Certification for outstanding performance and contributions
towards the achievement of the SDGs.
3. Build and connect with a network of like-minded Educators committed to promoting
4. Gaining access to mentors who will provide guidance and support throughout the
5. Developing practical skills in project management, community engagement, and
6. Building their resumes and enhancing their career prospects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 24th December, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.