Applications are open for the Design Fellowship 2024. The Design Fellowship (formerly known as the Designer in Residence program) provides an opportunity for a Bay Area graphic designer to build their portfolio through a long-term relationship with a unique, reputable contemporary arts organization.
The Design Fellow receives a stipend, a budget supporting an independent project, and is invited to participate in Open House, artist dinners, and other activities. Like all of Headlands’ Artist Programs, the Design Fellowship supports practitioners working at the leading edges of their field—individuals who are interested in pushing boundaries and exploring the possibilities of their medium. The program is designed to create a cohesive and dynamic aesthetic through the development of a unique body of original work, while mobilizing the Headlands’ pre-existing visual identity in a new way.
Expectations & Qualifications
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Open to dialogue, feedback, and working with a team.
- Willingness to experiment and learn.
- Practices good communication within small, busy, and flexible work environment.
- Follows agreed upon work-plan and adheres to deadlines.
- Desire to work with a contemporary arts organization.
- Open to Bay Area graphic designers;
- Demonstrated interest in pushing boundaries within the field;
- Competent in digital production;
- Able to demonstrate:
- digital production experience including website and email templates
- experience working with web developers
- experience working to meet client needs
- Experience working within predetermined budgets, and exercising creativity in constraint;
- Ease in working with remote collaborators, cross-departmentally.
Duration and Benefits
- Stipend: $10,500 (paid in three installments over 2024)
- Up to $1,000 budget for independent project
- Opportunity to grow professional portfolio within a creative community
- Opportunity to participate in internal programs, such as Show & Tell nights with fellow Headlands Artists
- Opportunity to stay in residence on the Headlands campus (with pre-approval; two one-week stays over residency period)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 30th October, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.
Kindly share this opportunity with Creatives/Artists and others. Thank you.