EatSafe Innovation Challenge for African Innovators (USD 10,000 Funding Available)
The EatSafe Innovation Challenge is calling on innovators to share their ideas on how existing food safety innovations can be adapted and applied in traditional markets in Nigeria and Ethiopia. The Challenge is looking for entrepreneurs, students, researchers and other innovators in Nigeria and Ethiopia who are passionate about food safety to participate.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Applicants stand a chance to participate in the Global EatSafe Innovation Challenge that will take place in Denmark where USD 10,000 dollars is up for grabs for the winning concept. The Challenge will take place between April-October 2022.
Details of EatSafe Innovation Challenge 2022
Improving food safety is a global challenge and every day innovative solutions are being developed and applied to make food safer around the world. EatSafe Innovation Challenge has identified categories all along the food supply chain that have a number of food safety challenges and is inviting academics, entrepreneurs and other innovators in Nigeria and Ethiopia to submit concepts that modify existing food safety tools or present new innovations that improve food safety for use by consumers and vendors in traditional food markets.
The categories include peer learning platforms, processing, food waste technology, sensors for food safety assessment, retailing and packaging, urban to rural linkages and food logistics, and platforms for the supply chain management.
- National and global visibility & recognition.
- Mentorship, technical training
- Networking opportunities with leading industry players, investors, researchers, and academia.
- A chance to win USD 10,000.
Eligibility Criteria for EatSafe Innovation Challenge 2022
To be eligible for the EatSafe Innovation Challenge 2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be entrepreneurs, students, researchers or other innovators based in Nigeria or Ethiopia.
- Applicants must be available to travel in October 2022 and adhere to travel rules in Denmark.
- Applicants will be tasked to select one of the seven innovation categories and develop a compelling concept of how the innovation can be adapted in a local food market.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for the EatSafe Innovation Challenge 2022 are to submit an online application on or before the application deadline as late entries will not be entertained.
The Application Deadline is 30th April 2022